‘The cost of occupying a property is probably the largest single overhead facing your business. Business rates are the largest part of that overhead.’
GTC Management and our specialist rating team of chartered surveyors work in partnership with the sole aim of reducing the cost of occupying your premises. Our surveyors have one of the most experienced rating team of any firm in the UK, with experience in this field since the early 1970’s. Currently representing over £100 million of rateable value for commercial ratepayers, we provide a local knowledgeable service for keeping rates payable to a minimum.
The cost of occupying a property is one of the largest overheads facing your business. Managing this cost can be complex and time consuming with many economic and political factors affecting how your rateable value is set. Which is why our aim is very simple: to save you money. Our objective of reducing a client’s overall rates payable involves us taking a national and local perspective of the issues and opportunities that ultimately influence appeal outcomes.
Our rating strategy
- Close working relationship and contact with the Valuation Office with daily progress updates to our database.
- Identifying external and internal factors around a property to identify opportunities for new or additional appeals, to be lodged leading to permanent or temporary rate savings.
- Performing a time consuming but essential service in checking rate demand bills and their calculation.
- Monitoring matters that trigger effective dates and checking on refunds.
- Comprehensive savings reports and updates when required, backed up by personal client account managers.
Our rating team has appealed many thousands of cases, and this has already resulted in numerous appeal successes with backdated refunds being paid to clients.
As current rating legislation restricts ratepayers to only one appeal per compiled list entry, it is imperative to get it right first time. It is crucial to employ a firm with the right level of expertise, who has a large number of clients with successful appeals already in the system, as evidence can be crucial to an outcome from rating appeal negotiations.
We have surveyors who are former Valuation Officers, and consequently have an insight into how both sides of the negotiation process works.
If you would like more information on the procedure and a way forward with your appeal on a no win, no fee basis, and free consultation with our specialist rates team on whether an assessment could or should be appealed, call us now.